A gentleman prefers an appropriate gym.
- Local is good. Think convenience and accessibility. You will want to fit the gym into your lifestyle, thus the location should be relatively close and within a radius and route of your home or workplace.
- Tour and assess. Visit the gym during peak hours either AM or PM, typically Monday or Tuesday. This will give you a good sense of occupancy to equipment availability. You’ll want to be comfortable based on your needs that there is the ability to perform your workout routine during peak times.
- Equipped equipment. Inventory and assess the equipment. You are looking for a gym that is modern and well equipped meeting your workout needs. Think about free weights, machines, cardio and room to perform aerobics.
- It has to be clean.
- Hours of availability. Assure the gym’s hours match your personal preferences.
- Does the cost align in value with the features and your needs. Try to avoid getting locked into a long contract until you are comfortable – read thoroughly. Always ask for a discount.
- Do you need a personal trainer? Does the gym have qualified personal trainers. Be sure you hone in on the “qualified” and not those that cannot provide the right level of support.
- Get online and do some research. Look for reviews or other information to help support your decision.